Car keys with Mantra enable users to conveniently check the fuel, battery levels, and latest maintenance data from a distance. Car owners can also verify if the doors and windows are locked, remotely operate the locks, start the car and pre-set the car’s temperature.
Designed for the mid-to-high-end car access market, the Mantra family offers very high sensitivity and blocking performance for improved robustness against radio jamming and undisturbed signal reception. The Mantra family is, NXP asserts, currently the only chip family on the automotive market that offers a triple-receiver for simultaneous reception of up to three channels. This multi-channel reception ensures that no signals are missed, offering very high system robustness at very low power consumption. This new concept enables the integration of different receiver units, such as tyre-pressure monitoring, car diagnostics and car management, into the car-access module to reduce the overall system costs. The Mantra family provides strong security and authentication features to prevent unauthorised access.
• Multi-channel transceiver and receiver solutions
• Single IC for bands (315, 345, 426, 434, 447, 868, 915, 950 MHz)
• Simultaneous reception of up to three channels in parallel
• Two RF inputs allowing sequential antenna diversity
• Low receiver power consumption
• Flexible customisation at ultra-low power with a programmable µC core
• High-performance, low-noise front end