The recent cockpit innovation and advancement of connected technologies have made communication between products in the cabin more complex, rapidly increasing the need to develop in-vehicle products more efficiently. Denso Next will therefore harness Denso ’s automotive engineering and manufacturing capabilities, and NEC Group’s technologies in the information and communications technology (ICT) business to speed design and market introduction of such in-vehicle equipment, the company said.
The innovations developed by Denso and NEC Platforms engineers will enable Denso to more efficiently produce existing information and communications equipment, and to create new products in line with vehicle cockpit advancements.
Denso Next combines Denso ’s deep experience with automotive components and NEC’s expertise in IT and network technologies and experience in developing automotive components. NEC as well as its subsidiary NEC Platforms have expertise in ICT and conventional in-vehicle equipment through their development of wireless communication and software products. Their expertise will be applied to achieve further advancement of in-vehicle equipment that requires high reliability and long-term assurance.
The new JV will be located on the premises of NEC’s Tamagawa Plant in Kawasaki, Japan. The company will start operations as early as December 1, 2017. Denso holds 51 percent of the shares, NEC Platforms the remaining 49 percent. The company will have a headcount of some 50 employees.