Texas Instruments Incorporated has introduced the H.E.A.T. (harsh environment acquisition terminal) evaluation module (EVM), the industry's first high-temperature data acquisition system, which includes a complete set of TI signal chain components qualified for extreme temperature operation from -55 °C to 210 °C.
The H.E.A.T. EVM is test-oven ready and qualified to operate up to 200 hours at oven temperatures of up to 200 °C. It accepts eight channels of analog data and conditions, digitizes and processes these signals for a variety of applications in ruggedized, high-temperature environments including downhole drilling, jet engines and heavy industrial applications.
The H.E.A.T. EVM eliminates the need for expensive up-screening and qualification testing of industrial-grade components for temperature ranges outside their datasheet specifications. The tool allows manufacturers to develop applications with components qualified for harsh environments quickly and safely and cuts development, testing and qualification time by up to one year.
Key features and benefits include six channels optimized for temperature, pressure sensors and accelerometers plus two general-purpose channels (fully differential and single-ended) and a comprehensive set of components qualified for operating temperatures from -55 °C to 210 °C and guaranteed for at least 1,000 hours operating life. These include:
- ADS1278-HT – octal simultaneous sampling 24-bit 128-KSPS ADC;
- SM470R1B1M-HT – ARM7 microcontroller;
- OPA211-HT – low-noise, precision operational amplifier;
- OPA2333-HT – low-power, zero-drift series operational amplifier;
- INA333-HT – zero-drift, low-power, single-supply instrumentation amplifier;
- THS4521-HT – low-power, fully differential amplifier;
- REF5025-HT – 2.5-V precision voltage reference;
- SN65HVD233-HT – CAN transceiver;
- SN65HVD11-HT – RS-485 transceiver.
Made with polyimide material, and incorporating high-temperature rated passive components and high-temperature solder material, the EVM is test oven ready and can withstand temperatures of up to 200 °C for 200 operating hours.
For further information: www.ti.com.