In order to develop on-chip transformer processes, Rohm utilized its proprietary microfabrication expertise. The unique design reduces the size to a compact SSOP-B20W package while eliminating the need for external parts, cutting the mounting area by approximately 50% compared to conventional products. Moreover, the original core-less transformer technology integrates an isolation function ensuring an isolation voltage of 2,500 Vrms.
In addition, multiple protection functions such as thermal shut-down and short circuit protection supporting desat function , fault and load control are included for high reliability, decreasing design effort while further contributing to miniaturization. A soft turn-off function deactivates the inverter in case of desaturation.
Specifications of BM6103FV-C include:
- Input voltage (Vcc1): min. 4.5V – max. 5.5V
- Output voltage (Vcc2): min. 12V – max. 24V
- Output VEE Voltage (VEE2): min. -12V – max. 0V
- Operating temperature range (Ta): min. -40° - +125°
- Rated output current (peak): 5.0A
- Isolation voltage: 2,500 Vrms
- Input/output delay time: 400ns
- Package: SSOP-B20W (6.5mm x 8.1mm, H=2.01mm max.)
Samples are already available, mass production is scheduled for September 2012.
For further information please contact www.rohm.com/eu