The VA6300 from Valens Semiconductor enables symmetrical data transmission in vehicles with high bandwidth. According to the manufacturer, this makes the chip a key component for a simple, cost-effective cabling infrastructure in the car.
The chipset represents the best optimised Ethernet connectivity solution for the automotive industry, according to the manufacturer. It offers a range of features including:
- Symmetrical bidirectional bandwidth of 1.5Gbit/s / 1.5Gbit/s
- Extremely low power consumption
- Industry’s lowest error rate
- The only multi-gigabit/s solution that can operate over low-cost, unshielded cables, providing significant savings in overall system costs
- Aggregation of multiple interfaces over the same cable, e.g. 1Gbps Ethernet, audio and control data
The VA6003 is the latest addition to the VA6000 chipset family from Valens, a semiconductor manufacturer specialising in high-speed automotive connectivity solutions. The solution is already used in various Mercedes-Benz models. The new chipset creates a more efficient and cost-effective solution to meet various infotainment applications and customer requirements.
Valens Semiconductor believes it is very well positioned to offer products for both symmetrical applications such as ECU-to-ECU data connectivity and asymmetrical applications such as sensor-to-ECU connectivity. For symmetrical applications, the company offers the VA6000 product family; for asymmetrical applications such as SerDes connections according to the MIPI standard, Valens offers the industry’s first A-PHY compatible VA7000 family.