Taiyo Yuden in Japan has launched a 1005-size multilayer ceramic capacitor (MLCC) with a rated voltage of 100 V and a capacitance of 0.01 μF.
The MLCC is compatible with AEC-Q200, a reliability test qualification standard for automotive passive components and is aimed at power line anti-noise uses in onboard devices for automotive power trains such as engines and transmissions.
The HMR105 B7103KV measures 1.0 x 0.5 x 0.5 mm and provides twice the voltage of the 0.01pF, 50V UMR105 B7103KV. It also provides a 75 percent reduction in size compared to the 1608-size (1.6 x 0.8 x 0.8 mm) HMR107 B7103KA which has a rated voltage of 100 V and capacitance of 0.01 μF).
Production of the multilayer ceramic capacitors has started at the company's Tamamura Plant (Tamamura-machi, Sawa-gun, Gunma Prefecture, Japan) at a production rate of ten million units per month.
Related MLCC articles
- FIRST FLIP-TYPE 0510 CAPACITORS FOR AUTOMOTIVE APPLICATIONS
- MURATA LAUNCHES WORLD'S SMALLEST 100NF CERAMIC CAPACITOR FOR 5G SMARTPHONES
- SAFETY CERTIFIED SURFACE MOUNT CERAMIC CAPACITORS FOR SPACE-CONSTRAINED MAINS POWER DESIGN
- CAPACITOR HORTAGES: CONSIDERING YOUR OPTIONS
- 4D PRINTING OF CERAMICS OPENS UP NEW POWER DESIGNS
- NETWORK EQUIPMENT MAKER WARNS OF CAPACITOR SHORTAGES