The U100 involves a ground-up redesign of Kvaser’s popular rugged Leaf CAN to USB interface. With this, the company responds to a wider incidence of higher voltage environments and new cost-of-ownership and sustainability criteria from OEMs.
With enhanced protection of its own electrical circuits, a vibration, shock and drop-proof housing and high-quality cabling, the U100 establishes a new reference in CAN interface design. Connected to a system with different electrical potentials, the Kvaser U100 mitigates the risk of disturbance caused by current leakage to measurements on the system under test.
Innovations include two LED bars showing CAN traffic status: busload, error frames and overrun. The U100 also features a connector with inverted strain release that handles more force than previous models when pulled or bent. PC- or CANbus- side cable replacement can be carried out by an authorised Kvaser party without compromising IP67 integrity, reducing cost over the product’s lifecycle and enabling fast delivery of custom configurations.
The U100 (EAN 73-30130-01173-1) has a 9-pin D-SUB connector. Other members of the product line with J1939-13 Type II (01266-0), M12 (01267-7) and OBD-II (01268-4) connectors will be available soon.
Key features of the Kvaser U100:
- Supports CAN FD, up to 8 Mbit/s (with correct physical layer implementation)
- Electrical robustness: Reinforced galvanic isolation, design validated with 5000 VAC RMS applied for 60 seconds
- Physical robustness: IP67 rated, rugged housing; −40 oC to +85 oC
- 20,000 msg/s, each time stamped with a resolution of 100 μs
- Supported on Windows and Linux (incl. SocketCAN)
- Compatible with J1939, CANopen, NMEA 2000 and DeviceNet
- Fully compatible with applications written for other Kvaser CAN hardware with Kvaser CANlib
More information: www.kvaser.com/product/kvaser-u100/