Keysight Technologies announces new automotive serialiser/deserialiser (SerDes) applications for transmit and channel testing - as well as a portfolio of adapters to verify the Mobile Industry Processor Interface Alliance (MIPI) A-PHY standard and Automotive SerDes Alliance (ASA) standards. The solutions were developed in cooperation with Sony Semiconductor Solutions Corporation and Rosenberger GmbH & Co KG (Fridolfing, Germany).
As speed and bandwidth continue to increase in the transmission of video, audio and ECU signals over modern automotive SerDes lines, test equipment providers must adapt to changing standards. For tests performed with Keysight's AE2010T automotive SerDes transmitter test solution, customers can use a Keysight Infiniium UXR Series oscilloscope to automatically configure results. They can also automate their network analyser testing with Keysight's AE2010L automotive SerDes channel test solution. Together, the two applications provide critical information to ensure data integrity and implement low-loss networks - while meeting current automotive SerDes specifications.
Keysight and Sony Semiconductor Solutions Corporation's collaboration aims to support the industry's automotive SerDes standards with marketable solutions so that chipset vendors and OEMs can benefit from consistent requirements and test results.
Keysight has also partnered with connectivity specialist Rosenberger GmbH to offer customers industry-standard adapters for automotive SerDes and fast (high-speed) data connections. This includes FAKRA, HFM, HSD and H-MTD connector solutions for coaxial and differential signal transmission, explains Hauke Schütt, executive vice president test & measurement at Rosenberger.
Keysight's SerDes transmit and channel test solutions mainly offer the following benefits to customers:
- Automatic configuration and calibration instructions for all required test equipment shorten the overall test time
- Comprehensive testing for MIPI A-PHY and ASA standard compliance reduces costs and eliminates the need for multiple licence purchases and installations.
- Test framework to report results from multiple tests with many statistics functions for each measurement.
- Fast, accurate and repeatable test results for validation and troubleshooting.
- The channel test software runs on an E5080B ENA vector network analyser, a PXI vector network analyser