The ZSSC4132 is a single-package sensor signal conditioner (SSC) that provides excellent performance, a higher level of design flexibility, and cost efficiency in a small form factor. The device is intended for use in HVAC applications for plug-in hybrid electric vehicle (PHEV), Battery Electric Vehicle (BEV), and Fuel-cell Electric Vehicle (FCEV) climate control systems.
The ZSSC4132 is able to be configured for almost all resistive bridge sensors to provide greater design flexibility. This flexibility, when combined with with high performance levels, an integrated LIN PHY, small footprint and AEC-Q100 Grade 0 qualification makes the SSC ideal for small automotive sensor modules.
“HVAC plays a significant role in EV battery range, and OEMs are looking for ways to improve system efficiency while maintaining high performance and staying within tight cost constraints,” said Christian Wolf, Vice President, Automotive Sensor Business Division at Renesas. “With the ZSSC4132, customers can access a complete SSC solution that is already LIN certified, allowing them to easily and cost effectively scale their HVAC system development for mid-range up to high-end EVs and HEVs.”
Key Features of the ZSSC4132
The ZSSC4132 has excellent analog front end (AFE) technology for better sensor signal conditioning. Digital calibration is able to significantly cut noise sensitivity, providing high accuracy for pressure and temperature readings. The SSC’s integration reduces BOM requirements by reducing the need for external components. The ZSSC4132’s digital calibration feature lets customers minimize calibration efforts.
Additional features include:
• LIN v2.2a certification with backwards compatibility to LIN v1.3, v2.0, and v2.1
• Differential bridge sensor input that enables accuracy at ±0.5% full scale output for temperatures from -40°C to 150°C
• 12- to 14-bit ADC resolution
• Slave node position detection feature at the LIN bus, allowing the SSC to assign a unique ID to the device
• Overvoltage and reverse-polarity protection circuitry
• Electromagnetic compatibility
• Multiple diagnostic features