OEMs are also building their own proprietary software OS and car-specific, in-house voice assistants. Automotive OS ecosystem participants will look to tap the growth opportunities offered by:
- Partnering with OEMs, academic institutions, and technology developers to enhance OTA and security in connected vehicles.
- Adopting open-source tech to guard against software incompatibility in a fragmented market.
- Developing Internet of Things (IoT) OS to resolve the complexities inherent in cloud computing and mobility.
- Targeting the mid-to-low consumer segments as they increase demand for IVI.
- Providing services such as real-time traffic information (RTTI), point-of-interest (POI), 3D maps, and dynamic routing.
- Shortening the time-to-market.
Further information on this analysis: https://frost.ly/3ao