VW maintains that having partners from research and industry in seven EU member states provides comprehensive research collaboration will range from raw material production, to cell technology and cell production processes and through to recycling. The research activities will also focus on the development and engineering of plant technologies allowing sustainable, climate friendly and competitive battery cell production in the European Union.
However the 'union' will start in 2020, aiming to boost planned research activities and tapping into funding announced by the German Federal Ministry for Economic Affairs and Energy.
- BMW TEAMS WITH NORTHVOLT ON GREEN BATTERY PRODUCTION IN EUROPE
- SIEMENS LEADS IN EUROPEAN PATENT APPLICATIONS
- SIEMENS BACKS NORTHVOLT'S BATTERY GIGAFACTORY
- NORTHVOLT, SCANIA IN €10M BATTERY DEVELOPMENT DEAL
- EU BATTERY ALLIANCE PUSHES FORWARD WITH PILOT PLANTS
- SWEDISH STARTUP PLANS LOCAL BATTERY GIGAFACTORY
- EU WARNS ON LACK OF BATTERY MANUFACTURING IN EUROPE